Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tuesday 6.8.10

It's funny, the more I work on this sketching from life thing, the more I'm planning as part of my day. I had scheduled a hair cut for Tuesday after work and deliberately arrived early so I could draw the client before me. I was able to sketch undetected while I drew from the reflection in the mirror at the salon.After my own cut, Nikki, my hairdresser and I went for a drink at a SE portland spot called the Night Light, that I have often patronized over the course of my years in Portland. A little vegan stir fry, a Bushmills neat, good conversation and my second sketch of the day- not a bad way to end the evening.

2 comments:

  1. Nicole, these are awesome! I love the hairdressing one...Priceless! (and funny too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that woman flipping you off at the night Lite?

    ReplyDelete