Sunday, July 18, 2010

Creatively Speaking

I have had so much going on in the last couple of weeks I feel bad for slacking on the blog. To summarize my creative endeavors, I have been getting ready for a friend's baby shower. For me that means painting a gift for the nursery, and planning some edible arrangements for the fondue (the most important part:)

The painting is based on my friend's bird themed nursery and since she is having her 3rd girl, the Bob Marley song "3 Little Birds" kept coming to mind.  I also used her bedding for inspiration (Brooke, from the Pottery Barn). Here is what I came up with;

s ise up thisThe lyrics "Rise up this mornin' smiled with the risin' sun, 3 little birds pitch by my doorstep, singing sweet songs of melodies pure and true, this is my message to you...Don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing is gonna be all right" are framing the picture.

My helper Lulu

edible art...those grapes were fine, just photoed weird!

I added green grapes too, YUM!

Ready!

Turns out the painting was a real hit, as well as the amazing fruit. The fondue was of course delish, as well (sorry didn't get a pic!)

Will be back with a new project tomorrow...now that this is out of the way, we can start some clay!

3 comments:

  1. Nice work Mandy! Incorporating the lyrics into the painting was a nice touch- and so appropriate for a child's room... "Every little thing is gonna be alright."

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Looking stunning in that cute dress.

    ReplyDelete